Saturday, September 5, 2009

what time do you masturbate?

I am becoming a collectivo master! The bus system here is wonderful and ridiculous (much like the city itself). I have tried fairly successfully to avoid using the collectivos because it is hard to figure out where they go, if you are heading the right direction, where to get off, and for that matter what street you are actually on. The drivers move at a break neck speed cutting off bike riders silly enough to brave the streets of BsAs. If you wonder why so many people have a limp around here I would guess it is due to a miscalculated bus swiping on a corner. You really have to look both ways and check the sidewalks for potential oncoming motorcyclists who find it perfectly acceptable to cruise down the side walk. Living in La Boca requires that I become bus savvy and I am proud to say I feel very local rolling around on the busses. My spanish studying is coming along in leaps, and standing frustratingly still. It is very hard to acquire another language without sufficient "book time", and I just do not feel the call to study the 'ol dictionario. So, beside my "sexo en la cuidad" TV series, and the Bueno, entonces...language program, I am picking things up in the streets and through conversations with my housemates. 
As I have mentioned before I do not like learning the numbers in spanish...I should probably stop saying that as it is my own limiting mental state I am manifesting here, but hey...I don't like em. Class 9 does a pretty fun job of teaching "time" and the numbers associated through sex and masturbation, the universal language!

No comments:

Post a Comment