Thursday, September 10, 2009

sos un chamuyero!

This was a hilarious lesson teaching the word - chamuyero - which stands for bullshitter. This is pretty funny because I learned this word yesterday in a little pizza place in La Boca while waiting for my dinner. I met some locals who were telling me NEVER to cross a certain street in La Boca, and other areas that were off limits because they are ran by gangs that will take all of your things. Also, it is super dangerous to take a taxi down through there as well, a woman was killed in a taxi recently so they could steal her bag...super sketchy. 
Anyways, one of the words they taught me was chamuyero, used in context "no me chamuyes!" Don't bullshit me!
HA! I love it. Well, I am on the hunt for another spanish tutor...will be straight forward and share it with my readers...my last teacher got all slimy and super creepy vibe on me. It is a real bummer, he is an AMAZING teacher, really funny and interesting, great lessons, I learned a ton in 2 classes, he has had many female students over years and even has a daughter and son my age...but he creeped on me. I am not an easy one to startle. I often have a mouth like a sailor, have traveled all over the world, had numerous love affairs, drink whiskey on the rocks, but dude got out of hand. It was subtle, but crossed the line. I need a female teacher, I am done with the men here. Thats another reason the program Bueno, entones...is great, David might be sketch dude in the videos, but you never have to deal with him hitting on you in person (and it is all part of the charm).  

No comments:

Post a Comment