Wednesday, September 2, 2009

anarchist pastry

So this is a picture of the fool David. I say that lovingly though, as I tend to call all of my close buddies fool, foolio, or some form of said fooldom. That is the feeling you get when watching Bueno, entonces...is that you definitely know this guy. If I am ever to run into him in the streets of BsAs, we will get along very well - I enjoy his humor. Class 7 is actually one of my favorite so far (do I keep saying that in the posts...no cause I slammed the last one...but I do really like class 7). They introduce alot of useful vocab such as "resaca" (hung over) and do a good job of explaining the difference between "saber and conocer". And my favorite tid bit is that facturas (Argentine breakfast pastry) have anarchist roots. Yup. Names for sweet tasty treats such as "vigilante". Clearly pretty ironic now, much like Che Guevara t shirts, but still interesting non the less. They also go into the story of mate...I love mate! If you look at the inserted photo it is the "bong esque" looking container filled with questionable green material. And yes, it is a drug - kind of like coffee but a smoother ride...
Day 2 in my art collective is wonderful. I stayed up till 2am last night making art in the wide open space with other artists, drinking said mate - and then some : ) I have been practicing a ton of spanish but also nodding convincingly even when I am only kinda sure what is going on.  Dammit, I need to kick this whole spanish thing into gear. It is hard to learn a new language, it is true. I have found a language partner to do some exchange through a program called conversation exchange on the internet. It helps people find others in their area to set up language exchanges. Unfortunately, of course, some sketch balls use it as a dating site (OK, so that wouldn't be above me I admit it...but most of the dude are super sketch!). I fortunately found a super cool girl, and we hang out, drink beer, and practice speaking in each others languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment