Friday, September 11, 2009

El hormiguita!

Lesson 14 has mirrored my life in a pretty interesting way. Two things that have happened to me down here, both of which are quite hilarious. Once, when I was first learning spanish in my first week, part of my study routine was to head to the bar and have a beer to take the edge off the whole learning process. As it were, I was living with an Argentine woman, and came home fairly tipsy around 7 pm...that is like lunch time by Argentine standards. So, feeling abit embarrassed for my inebriated state, I decided to head into the shower and then put myself to bed early. To tell her this I say something along the lines of "nesecito la basura", She quite rightly loks at me very confused, I then again state, this time with hand jestures to explain, "necesito la basura, lavo con basura". I think I am saying that I need to use the bathroom, the shower, In fact I am saying I need to wash myself in trash. Dear god. We laughed so hard once the mix up was clear...
Yesterday I met El Hormiguita. He is a huge ant man. A man dressed as an art super hero who cruises around La Boca. He is fabulous and introduced my friend and I to all the musicians and street vendors so we could busk for money in the streets. Brilliant.
Lesson 14 contains both of my favorite things in a funny way: ants and trash...
bed>

No comments:

Post a Comment