Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vamos a Mendoza!

This episode has inspired me! David is apparently following his mother in Mendoza to keep an eye on her and the tanguero (gigolo). He is talking about the beautiful lake, trees, vineyards, and clean air. I can not remember clean air. I have been in the city for so long I need to get out. I think my monday is free from work so I could have a long weekend riding a bicycle and trying tinto (red wine) to my hearts content. I have been looking at bus tickets! I took a 23hour bus ride to Bariloche a few months back and it blew my mind! The long distance busses here are INCREDIBLE! They give you piles of food, wine, desert, and whiskey! Additionally there are multiple movies and the seats recline into beds. If you are ever in Argentina the busses are a must! Central America is a whole other situation though. I was afraid to sleep on the busses for fear of waking up at gun point and needing to have a plan of action formulated. The busses get stopped by street gangs and robbed, often with many people being killed.  They cannot drive past a certain hour due to the danger of driving on the streets (these little facts are the things I try to leave out when telling my parents I am heading south solo with a backpack). 
Anyways, David is tracking his mother in Mendoza all the while on the phone with Jimena who is tailing her boyfriend because she fears he might be cheating on her. Hate to stereotype Argentina, but the men down here are PRETTY scandalous. Most of the guys I meet who are hitting on me have girlfriends, and most of the women I have talked to are aware their boyfriend has cheated on them or had a boyfriend who cheated in the past. Malisimo! Why have boyfriends?

No comments:

Post a Comment