Tuesday, September 22, 2009

His mom has a gigolo!

Well, this little dicho is too good to pass up. I will bring the bikini you bring the kisses. It reminds me of better times when the sun is shining and you can crack open a cold beer in the shade of your beach unbrella. QUE PASO BUENOS AIRES??? It is freezing. Moments like this and I am questioning the whole art co-op drafty 120 year old house in the middle of winter next to the most polluted body of water in the world. Ah La Boca you are a difficult love. Sometimes I am all about it, and other times she is just a dirty cold friend. Well, I should never complain. My life is to make art, music, and learn to speak spanish in Buenos Aires. In fact after writing that I feel better. Tomorrow I have to get up at 11am for a whopping 2 hours of work and then return to my art space to hang out and spread paint on a canvas while trying to make the strenuous decision of going to meet up with the circus in Peru this coming January. Rough life. My friends are in a great circus out of San Francisco called Dreamtime Family Circus, they are AMAZING!
I need to keep pushing the spanish for these upcoming possible South American adventures. Lesson 23 was pretty amazing where I learned quite a bit of vocabulary through David's tales that his mother is running off to Mendoza for a weekend with a strong muscled young porteno tanguero who speaks no English, and she no spanish...hmmmm. And she is paying for the whole trip. Well David, more power to her I say! I have respect for the cougars, they help to tip the traditional sexist scale around. Why not, if everyone is having fun. I wonder what the spanish word for gigolo is?

No comments:

Post a Comment