Monday, September 21, 2009

push my buttons

Class 22! I am cruising along and actually learning with this program Bueno, entonces...David is such a chamuyero but he does make the lessons interesting. I don't know if I will ever be able to approach an ATM (cajero automatico) without thinking about David's little tall tale of the transvestite behind him in line with the "baskteballs"  and the policeman waving his hands, the cell phone going on speaker phone with the woman yelling that David is bad in bed. The humor really locks the lessons into your brain with memories you don't actually have but access as if they are your own personal tales. I think I will see if I can steal his little story to retell in spanish as a person test for myself. I love that he raps it all up with a reference to Jimena about being able to work her like a cash machine, but she tells him he has no idea what buttons to press (the above clip refers to that). You just can't get a better language learning program with humor than this. 
I am currently working on a painting right now with architecture from my balcony window. The houses in this area of La Boca are so incredible, the one I live in is over 120 years old! I sit in my balcony and sketch the surrounding buildings and iron work patterns for inclusion into my painting. Life is pretty sweet! And the guy who sells my produce downstairs is hot so I get to buy my  veggies while practicing all of Davids ridiculous lines : )

No comments:

Post a Comment