Sunday, September 27, 2009

no me gustan los strippers

This image is pretty hilarious to me because I was walking with a friend today to find an art store in La Boca and we spotted a really cool hooded jacket in a store window. He is learning to speak spanish and went into the store to ask if he could try on the jacket in the window but totally called it a dress! The man looked at him and pulled a dress out behind the counter and then we all laughed so hard. 
This same friend lives with me in the art collective in La Boca and he walked into my room the other night when I was taking my spanish lesson  with Bueno, entonces...He set down to watch it with me and was laughing so hard saying "this program is incredible! I can't believe it, its like a funny show!" It was another reality check how different it is. I have seen so many lessons now I have become used to being highly entertained while learning, but it was a great reminder as to how well done this language learning tool is. In lesson 27 they talk about the ritual of the bachelor party and David even gives an absurd strip dance in the sound booth. Something I learned from this lesson that I have been saying wrong for months now is "Mi encantaria!" When someone asks you if you can do something and you reply with this you are actually saying "I would love to but unfortunately cannot." I have said this so many times and wondered why there was confusion following my reply...now I see. 
Take a look at the below slide. I had to insert it just to challenge you to find me a better spanish program then this. Granted, not everything is about sex and having a good time in life - but shouldn't it be?
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment