Thursday, September 24, 2009

Voy a bailar como un mono


I had my first new spanish class in a school in Palermo today. The teacher was significantly impressed with my level of spanish (thank you Bueno, entonces...) and it seems like a good fit there for me. I came home and began painting an idea that is so genius I had trouble falling asleep, I was am excited about it! I keep alluding to said new discovery due to the fact that I can't share it yet because I don't want anyone to jump the gun on me. Suffice to say, when it have finished a set I shall post pictures of my art. Another great complement to my spanish speaking skills...I was chatting up the kiosko guy and he thought I was from Italy - AWESOME! gringo accent is not reigning supreme! I have been working really hard on the rolling of my rr's and a nice speaking cadence. Class 25 covers some future tenses and reminds me how happy I am to be learning spanish in a country that basically uses the very IR + INFINITIVE. For example...Voy a caminar por la playa. Or, voy a hablar con mi hermano. You can changing anything in the future by saying "I am going to..."  I do not need another set of verb conjugations to worry about memorizing. I really wish Jimena could be my spanish teacher. She is my teacher in one form because I get to interact with her through her relationship with David in the program, but so much of learning Spanish is conversing and correcting your manner of speaking with another person.


No comments:

Post a Comment