Monday, September 28, 2009

Bueno, entonces...is better than Rosetta Stone































I have included this comparison chart to give you the data straightforward regarding what you get when you purchase the Bueno, entonces...program. I have years of experience teaching and there are straightforward ways to convey information if you really want someone to engage and learn the material. For me this is: entertainment value of what you are saying, making the material relevant to the students life (accessing prior knowledge), and if working with older students - anytime you can relate the material to sex, drugs, or taboo's you will have rapt attention from everyone. This program accomplishes all of these learning strategies and it really is a cheap excellent way to learn spanish. Granted you are not going to come out speaking perfect spanish, you have to practice using the language in the real world and hear other peoples accents. But is you follow along repeating everything they say and look at the words spelled on the "magic whiteboard" you learn so much. You don't even realize how much you are learning because the humor carries the information straight into your brain. It is like a catchy jingle that you find yourself humming. Sometimes I am conversing in spanish with people and don't even know where I got the words I am using...then a foolish David pops into my head doing a strip dance or something else from the program. I give this the highest recommendations and think that this would be an excellent supplemental program for any college spanish course or prep before studying abroad. They even include an entire slang dictionary (which is genius, I have some friends down here that only speak in slang) and support material for each lesson. For me, I think 


No comments:

Post a Comment