Monday, August 24, 2009

Sexy Castellano!

Round 1 with my new Spanish program Bueno, entonces... and I love it!!! It is written how a spanish program for adults should be. I wish I would have known about it before coming to Argentina because it would have prepared me so much better for the trip. You get to experience the Argentine accent directly in the program and all kinds of cultural things relevant to BsAs. It has a super sexy twist to the lesson, and feels almost as if you are watching a funny sitcom - also the intro theme reminds me of my favorite show "Arrested Development". 
This is definitely the best spanish program I have experienced. The interactions between Dave and Jimena are brilliant. Dave has a beautiful English accent and is learning to speak spanish while Jimena speaks clear and beautiful castellano - and she is super hot. The lessons are fun and interesting with adult language and humor making spanish learning accessible to the people who would be traveling, living, or studying abroad. I found myself having to pause the program while I laughed at Dave's absurd comments. I really like that they included an explanation of the terms "yanqui" and "gringo" and where they came from, as well as the classic "stupid American" misnomer of claiming the title of "American" as for those solely in the U.S. when there is a vast amount of country known to the world as "America".  Also, to have the verb for cuddling explained in the first lesson "hacer cucharita" pure genius...I have asked a number of people about this in spanish, and they thought to put it in the first lesson. Good job! Sometimes you need to let someone know..."sure you can come back but only to "hacer cucharita"...I have some more spanish lessons to get through before things get crazy chicos...
: )
Check out the video for a taste of Dave's humor:

No comments:

Post a Comment