Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hola che!

Fourth lesson in and I have to say I am still impressed. They are covering all the things that my spanish class that I took in BsAs didn't. I am only in the fourth lesson but they have gone into all the really cool slang that people use in the street here: "Hola che! Que onda?" "Che boludo, venis a mi casa"...you here more "che" "dale" and "boludo" in BsAs than any other words I can think of. If you can figure out how to properly incorporate those into your language usage you can work wonders in the bar. I was thinking back to my brief flirtation I had with the Rosetta Stone program (brief because it was free for a short while through my University library). Bueno entonces is so much more entertaining! Don't get me wrong, Rosetta Stone is a great tool, but INSANELY expensive, around 500$ whereas you can get Bueno, entonces... for under 200$ for the DVD set or less then 150$ downloaded to itunes. And Bueno, entonces... is sexy! I know I keep saying that, but its like going to Italy and not eating the pasta...Argentina is dripping in passion and sexuality, the path to learning the language should reflect this part of the culture. There are some hilarious lines where Jimena explains the secrete of the "Latin Lover" stereo type and the loose tounge...you should watch this:  

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to visit Argentina, I have family there... I'd love to improve my spanish, do you know learn spanish in Buenos Aires, what do you recommend me??

    ReplyDelete