Sunday, August 23, 2009

virgin blogger


I am a virgin blogger so forgive me ahead of time for the free form course this blog is about to undergo, and all the awkward transitions...but I am a quick learner : )
I am 27 years old, currently living in the ABSOLUTELY amazing city of Buenos Aires Argentina (Buenos Aires by the way is a COMPLETE misnomer...massive amounts of air pollution and dog shit, this city does not have good air!) 
My name is Juniper and I am here for no better reason than to study beautiful Argentine spanish (men), play guitar and sing in the streets, and paint anything and everyone. I seem to be blessed with good fortune at every turn, a sign that I am in the right spot and doing the right things with my life. I am not a blogger by nature....my travel stories tend toward the extremely interesting and wild, therefor are typically sent via email group to those very close friends who know/accept/and love me for the gypsy soul that I am. This blog is a direct example of an exquisite case of manifestation...synchronicity if you will. 
I will explain: Buenos Aires is a great place to come and learn to speak Spanish...but the programs are EXPENSIVE! I did two weeks and then felt like I was getting the complete tourist tax and did not want to waste my money, even though the classes were great and helpful. I am living in BsAs (thats Buenos Aires in shorthand) for an unknown amount of time (as long as I am happy) and trying to not bleed money all over the streets. I have been here for about 4 months and as my street and barroom spanish was coming along smashingly I realized I needed to step it up and get serious with a program, classes, or an Argentine boyfriend (dictionario gratis - free dictionary). I literally said to my friend that I play guitar with "I need to figure something out with spanish, but I don't want to pay for it" and then BAMM! The gods of Craigslist smiled upon me and I found a company called Bueno, entonces... They have this incredible new language program for itunes and they were going to give it to me for FREE and pay me to blog my opinion about it. 
Well, this is getting wordy so I'm out, but go to my next postings where I will discuss my daily life, the program  Bueno, entonces... compared to the Rosetta Stone program, and all manner of interesting art, music, and BsAs experiences that befall my wanderings through this silly trip I call living.

No comments:

Post a Comment